Speech Team Grades 10-12 Blog
Speech Contest Volunteer Information
Hello Waukee Speech Enthusiasts!
At long last – what you’ve all been eagerly waiting for: Contest Duties!
A couple of quick things:
- THANK YOU. We so appreciate your willingness to volunteer your time and help us play host to our many guests this weekend!
- Please check the Volunteer Schedule carefully and let me know if you see any issues. Then double-check it, just to be sure.
PARENT VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Find your name on the Volunteer Schedule. You can navigate through the schedule using the tabs at the bottom or by looking on the Saturday Master tab. Parents are not schedule on Friday night.
- ARRIVE BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME TO CHECK-IN AND RECEIVE INSTRUCTIONS. When you arrive for your volunteer shift, head to the Volunteer Headquarters (Student Services Office) to check-in with Mr. Jorgensen. He will give you more information about your specific role and provide you with a Waukee Speech shirt!
- When you are finished with your shift, you will return to Volunteer Headquarters, check-out with Mr. Jorgensen, and return any materials.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
STUDENT VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Find your name on the Volunteer Schedule. You can navigate through the schedule using the tabs at the bottom or by looking on the Friday / Saturday Master tab. Check when you are schedule to work.
- Those scheduled to work should arrive right after school. Plan to stay until scheduled – we will feed you.
- Those not scheduled to work on Friday should plan on attending both 9th Grade and HS One-Act Performances.
- Everyone arrives by 7:00 AM and heads to the WHS Auditorium for a 7:15 AM meeting, check-in, and instructions. Wear your “Waukee Speech” shirts if you have them (but dress in layers so you can cover it up when watching events)!
- Following the meeting, place any personal belongings at WAUKEE CAMP: Mrs. Youngers’ room for HS and Mrs. Hogan’s room for 9th.
- Before your scheduled work time, check-in with Mr. Jorgensen in Volunteer Headquarters (Student Services Office). He will make sure you have a “Waukee Speech” shirt and understand task requirements.
- WHEN YOU ARE NOT SCHEDULED FOR A SHIFT, YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING WAUKEE EVENTS. YOUR JOB IS TO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.
- Check-In with Mr. Jorgensen in Volunteer Headquarters throughout the day. Occasionally, issues arise that require people to be on-call.
- The contest day will last until 7:30 PM. You are expected to stay until our last Waukee performance – same as if we were traveling as a team to another school. You will need to check-out with Mr. Jorgensen before you leave for the day.
- Thank you so much for your patience and enthusiasm as we gear up for this exciting event. I truly does take a village and I appreciate all of your help. I can’t wait to work with everyone!
Oh yeah, now that you’ve read everything – here’s the link to the Volunteer Schedule. Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks,