Theatre Arts Blogs
Spring Musical Blog
CINDERELLA Leadership Team: Apply Today
Leadership positions in our Spring Musical have evolved to become highly competitive, sought-after positions. As the musical grows in both size and excellence each year, we also find that the professional standards we expect of our leaders must also grow. As such, leaders will be asked to submit a variety of materials proactively to showcase skills, qualifications, and work ethic as part of the application process.
Before filling out your application (also linked at the bottom of this page), it will be wise to conduct thorough research of the show prior to submitting an application. I cannot link them here, but it is possible to locate a full libretto online, listen to the soundtrack, and watch multiple interpretations of Cinderella in both musical and movie form (classical and animated). Be sure to research the Rodgers & Hammerstein (Broadway edition) as opposed to the Enchanted or Original versions. Role pending, you may be asked to provide statements regarding your vision for the overall aesthetic look of the show in that technical area, as well as – if applicable – evidence of rough draft designs. We will be looking to see that your vision is supported by the unique needs of the show and the message of the story. NOTE: If selected for a position, your vision may not necessarily be implemented, as the design team will work collaboratively to honor a shared vision.
Below is a list of leadership positions available in this early window and a list of items you will want to have prepared for submission. NOTE: You may need to be signed into whichever email account corresponds with your Google Drive to upload materials.
- Head and Assistant Stage Managers
- No additional materials necessary; all short answer questions
- Plan to submit academic writing samples due to the writing component of this role.
- Education Coordinator
- Plan to submit sample ideas of ways we can engage younger students in our production.
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Plan to submit sample ideas for Community Outreaches thematically related to our production
- Communications Director
- In addition to short answer questions, please be prepared to share a sample written sales pitch to encourage someone to attend the show; you may also submit any writing, photography, video or marketing materials that showcase your qualifications.
- Publicity Graphic Designer
- Plan to submit examples of previous graphic designs or marketing materials you may have created as well as rough idea(s) for a show poster for our production considering theme, mood, and time period in your design choices.
- Plan to submit examples of your video work.
- Costume Designer/Coordinator
- Plan to submit three costume renderings for three different characters from our production, as well as a design statement regarding your vision for costumes in this show. You may upload photos of your drawings through this application form.
- Hair & Make-Up Designer
- Plan to submit sample hair/make-up designs for Esmeralda, Quasimodo, and a Gargoyle. You may upload photos of your drawings through this application form.
- Props Master
- No additional materials needed; all short answer questions.
- Lighting Apprentice
- No additional materials needed, but do plan to share your design statement. Note: You are not applying to be The Designer; you will be assisting Mr. Snodgrass and trained to be more autonomous for future productions.
- Sound Designer
- No additional materials needed; all short answer questions
- Assistant Choreographer / Dance Captain
- Please plan to submit videos of your previous choreography work if available. You may upload files to this application form or share YouTube links.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY:
You will be asked to submit an Expectations Contract and Conflict Sheet. Exact production calendars are not yet available, and we are taking it on good faith that you will provide accurate conflict information here on your application and will submit the contract/conflict sheet when they are available. (“Why aren’t they available, Mrs. Haaland?” Because our production team is still finalizing a production schedule; thanks for your understanding!)
APPLY HERE. We look forward to sifting through your applications and previewing your brilliance. This is going to be one epic production and we are SO glad that you want to be part of making it one for the books.